*A few weeks before Christmas, my nephews came over to my house with a little sandy kitten that bunked the night in their barn. They did a very good job convincing me that I needed to keep it. However, Danny needed a lot more convincing. That same night (3am) I heard meowing outside of our bedroom window. I ran out to check on the sandy kitten, but found another grey kitten. Needless to say, after a lot of convincing, Sonny and Cher are new members of our family. Rule #1 They can't come in the house, so they take residence in our garage. Rule #2 Danny doesn't want to have to clean up any poop! They have nearly doubled in size since then and are turning out to be pretty good friends with Danny. Cher once took a ride in the engine of our car to church and back, and then to Orem and back. She ended up being there for a total of 13 hours or so. She has also been squished in the garage door twice. I am amazed she is alize. She has 6 more lives to go.
*This past weekend we went to St. George to see my nephew Jacob get baptized. Baptisms have always been one of my favorite things to attend. I don't think I have ever made it through one without getting teared up. The spirit is always so strong. It is amazing watching a young child walk into the water and receive the most incredible blessings and make life altering promises. They will never be the same from that time forward. Amazing. I was happy to be there. We got to spend a lot of time time with Eric, Amie, and their kids while going to dinner and watching the Super Bowl. We were even able to squeeze in some GREATLY NEEDED Danny and Annie (and Jane) time.* I have tried to spend some time trying to get to know myself again. Sounds cheezy, I know. But I have started missing the person that I once was and figured I could use some reevaluating. What is it that I enjoy doing? What is most important to me? What are my goals? How can I achieve them? What makes me happy? I have a long way to go before I can really answer some of these questions, but having them on my mind had been good for me. I have felt a difference.
*Jane and I are on our 13th day of being sick. Major congestion, cough, sore eyes, achy, sore throat, you name it, we've had it. I pretty sure it has led to a sinus infection. Doctor visits are coming up! It is challenging being sick and being the mother. On the other hand, Danny came down with a sore throat today and got served chicken noodle soup with cold ice cream for desert all the while I am holding a screaming baby as my own head feels like it is going to explode. He is currently sleeping on the couch. Don't get me wrong...Danny is a wonderful husband and very helpful with Jane...but he was born a man and I was born a woman. Sometimes I don't feel like it is very fair. I want ice cream and a nap!
SO SICK!
*My little Jane continues to be the center of my life. Not a day goes by where I am not baffled my something she knows or is capable of doing. She has the funniest (and quirkiest) little personality that is blooming and ready to explode. It has been the most amazing adventure watching her learn and grow. I can't believe that 16 months has already come and gone. I am not sure how much of it is being the first child, or how much of it is Danny and I, but she has grown up so quickly. When I say "grown," I am NOT talking about size. She is still a puny 17 pounds (below the 3rd percentile) and its not looking as though that is going to change for awhile. However, she seems to set her mind on things and then learns them so quickly. A trait that I know she did not get from her mother. People have always told me (starting with the nurses at the hospital) that they can't believe she is as young as she is because she seems so aware, coordinated, and "grown-up." As a mother, she makes me very proud, but I also long for the baby that she once was (long, long ago). Why did it have to go so quickly, and what does that tell me about the rate that she will always mature? Will she be a 16 year old in a 3 year old body? Will she be able to enjoy each stage that she is in, or will she always be in a hurry to get to the next? Will I have time to soak her in? All questions that can't be answered now. However, I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Here are a few facts about my Janey...

- She is 16 months old and 17 lbs 3oz.
- She loves her dad and is inheriting (or being taught) his dare-devil characteristics.

- She LOVES babies and anything that has to do with them. I bet I hear the word "ba-by" 70 times a day. She got a new doll stroller this week that she has not put to rest.
- She loves to see herself in the mirror and is obsessed with brushing her teeth (a few months ago, brushing teeth was a huge fight!)

- She is a very picky eater that leaves her mother stumped daily. I can always count on cheese however. Mr. Cheese Stick has become my very close friend. Yes, she is asleep in this picture eating a banana!
- I have lost count of how many words she signs (my guess would be over 70??) In fact, I am having a hard time keeping up with her. She now knows signs that I don't. Pretty much anything that I would talk to her about, she knows the main subjects sign. Generic animals, generic food (anything that I would feed her), things you see outside, family members (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents), emotions, actions of all kinds, etc. She can tell me what tell me whatever it is she wants (not always a good thing). I'm not sure how we got to this point. It was certainly not my original intention. Like I said, she is a fast learner. It will be interesting to see how it plays into her language. Will it slow her down, or give her a boost?? We will see.
- She pretends to talk all day long, but most of it is pure jabber. She does say mamma (mommy), da-da (daddy), grandma, grandpa, puppy, hot, gone, owey, hi, bye, and a few more that I can't think of at the moment due to the pounding in my head.
- A few weeks ago, she pointed to the letter 'A' in a sign that my nephew made for me for Christmas that says "Annie"and she said the sound that an A makes. I was blown away. I hadn't ever actually tried to teach her that. She picked it up from a movie and by me reading an alphabet book a few times. I figured I would take it and run with it. Since then she has learned what the letters A-H say and can recognize A-C. She always wants to point out the letter 'A' that she finds on the writings on my shirts.
- She loves music and can seriously cut the rug! Another trait she did not get from her mother.
- When she is happy or content about something she is doing, she does this little side-to -side jig. It melts me every time.
- She still does not like to snuggle. She looks at me as if she is saying "mom, I am way to busy for this!" Occasionally she will wake up in the night and I will bring her into bed with us for awhile. It is a time I cherish because most of the time she will fall back to sleep and let me love her.
- She could watch her Baby Signing Time videos all day if I let her.
- She is absolutely impossible at church!
- She loves to point out every owie she and I have over and over again all day long.
- She is pretty generous with kisses and will surprise me out of the blue with a big huge leg hug and run off with a "bye!"
- If something can be climbed on, you can bet you will find Jane on it.

- She thinks she is the fastest runner in the world. She has nearly given up walking entirely. I hear her little pitter-patter all through the house. Another thing I love.
- She is pure and utter joy and her mommy's best pal!





6 comments:
It's so fun to hear your scoop! Love your thoughts about motherhood. Enjoy before she gets too big!
I'm so glad you use your blog as a journal - it feels like we get into your head a little, and I LOVE the pictures of all of you. I get to see you and talk to you a lot but this is an little extra gift! Thanks!
Wow; so much I want to say! Love the pictures of you and Janey! Beautiful mommy you are! Jane is a genious; get used to it! I sure look forward to every Thursday, you are a great friend. I have been so blessed to have you!
Wow, what a post! Glad you're still alive after your babysitting experience. Can't wait to see you guys soon.
Wow crazy baby sitting job! I'm glad it's over for you! Love all the pictures! Jane has the most beautiful eyes! They are at the best stage aren't they?!
Hi, so good to hear what you've been up to. Life never slows dowm does it! Sorry about your frustrating experience with those kids...you are an angel no matter what you think. I think introspection is so great; especially after all we give to our kids and families sometimes we lose ourselves in the mix. I hear over and over how important it is to not let yourself get totally lost. Not easy, but I'm sure you'll come out on top! The Annie I know is fabulous and don't you forget it!
Post a Comment