Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's A Girl!!


Danny and I had our ultrasound on Tuesday! I was nearly hyperventalating because I was so excited. For the past four months I have been dreaming of a mystery baby not knowing whether it was a girl or a boy. I found that it was very difficult to make it "real" without knowing. Danny and I both agreed that it didn't matter to us whether we had a girl or a boy. However, I knew that Danny would just love to have a little princess (not really typical huh?) and always referred to my stomach as "she," "Jane," or "Abby." Laying on the bed for the ultrasound was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had! I just kept thinking, "I can't believe that is in my stomach!! What a miracle!" When the doctor told us that we were having a baby girl, I started to cry and looked over at Danny. He was all teared up! It was an awesome moment! It was interesting to see that so much of my nervousness about having a baby just disappeared. I felt so peaceful and excited! I can't wait for my baby girl to arrive!

2 comments:

Jessica Kettle said...

Annie, Thanks for the sweet comment! Congratulations on having a girl. Little girl stuff is soooo fun! There is nothing like seeing your little peanut on the screen for the first time... but if you think that's exciting, just wait untill you see your baby for the first time! It's UNREAL. You'll love being a mom! Congratulations, you two seem very happy!

Annie said...

Thanks Jessica! I may be coming to you for some tips and advice when she comes. I am a little nervous that I am going to be clueless! I also want a lesson on photography! :) Your pictures are amazing!!!