Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Binky Fairy!

The time has come to say goodbye to the binky! Yesterday, before Jane's naps, I explained to her that when a girl becomes a "big girl," it is time to give the Binky Fairy a present. The Binky Fairy loves binkys because she takes them to new babies who are sad and don't have any binky's. We walked around the house and gathered up all of her binkys into a gift bag and left it for the Fairy. I couldn't believe how well she handled it. She kept saying that "my is a big girl!" and said "bye-bye" to each of her binkys. When she woke up from her nap, the Binky Fairy had taken her binkys, but had left her a present (a new baby doll that does all sorts of tricky stuff with her binky). Here is her reaction...

As you can see, she was pretty excited!

I was worried how the night time was going to go, so I prepped her a few times before bedtime that she wouldn't have her binky but that she could sleep with her new Baby Chelsea (yes, she named it!). When the time came, we said prayers, read a book, and sang a song, and she never mentioned her binky. Early in the morning she woke up and called out for Danny. When he went to her, she asked for her binky but Danny reminded her that the Binky Fairy took it. She said, "my is a big girl. Fairy gave me a baby in a box!" and went right back to sleep! I couldn't believe it! I thought it would be SOOOOO much harder than that! What a good girl she is!

6 comments:

Krin said...

I am glad the binky thing went smoothly, she is such a cute little girl! You look fabulous at 20 weeks and I am so excited for you guys having another little girl. I am jealous that you have everything girl and don't have to buy a whole new wardrob and such. I hope I can figure this whole boy thing out:)

Beck said...

Thats awesome she did so well with the binky. She is a cutie. Congrats on having another girl. I dont think I even knew you were pregnant. You look great woman.

Crystal said...

I love that girly! She SHOULD have named her baby "Crystal"... hello!! What a good girl she is! She is growing up so fast!

Valerie said...

Way to go Jane! You too Annie!

Anonymous said...

Here saw your blog on Paige's list. You have a dang cute little family. Congrats on the baby girl!

The Bee Family said...

Hey Ann, one of these days you are going to have some pictures up of that cute new little one...I am waiting for that day! Can't wait to see her! And I bet that little Jane is growing like crazy. Hope all is well.