Monday, December 29, 2008

Tis' the Season!

For anyone out there who is wondering if I will ever post, or even better, if I am still alive, the answer to both is YES! We have had some serious computer issues (ie. it crashed on us and I refuse to put more money into the old run-down thing) that I am extremely far behind on my blog....now you just have to wait until I can retrieve all of my old data and pictures (hopefully) until you can see some pictures of recent events. So sorry!

This Christmas had an entirely different feel to me than any other Christmas has before thanks to a few people who taught me a lesson on service. I won't go into details, but lets just say that I was humbled and full of gratitude for their Christlike love. It made me step back and remember what Christmas is really about. I spent more time thinking of my Savior and his birth. I thought a lot about Mary and her experience as a first time mother delivering her new baby in less than ideal circumstances. I thought of her as she held him for the first time, breathed in the newborn smell, felt his soft skin, and held his tiny hands knowing that she had just given birth to our Savior. What that must have been like, I can only imagine. How grateful I am to her for he example and faith. How grateful I am to my Savior who is my rock and my foundation and whom I would be lost without!

3 comments:

Kristin Bishop said...

annie-

Did you go private? I forgot to add my e-mail address before you when private and I couldnt' look at yours for the longest time:) I am so glad yours just popped up! Jane is so adorable!!!

add me if you ever go private: bishop.jjk@gmail.com

Susie said...

What a great post. I love Christmases where we actually capture the spirit of it instead of getting caught up in the hustle and bustle. We missed you here - but are glad you had a good (and safe) holiday.

Julie said...

Hey you, great to see some new posts! So wish we lived closer to each other, miss your smile! We could go to chilis for lunch again and complain about math and boys:)