Saturday, November 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am so proud to call this beautiful place home. I love it so much that I have officially lived in three different houses on Westfield Rd. When I was 8 years old, my parents finished building the house that was across the street from where we were living at the time. I spent the rest of my childhood there until it was time to go to college in Logan. It was my home...I may be biased, but I can honestly say that I don't think that I have ever seen a more beautiful place. My father LOVES trees and planted hundreds (which I spent many evenings and Saturday's watering, might I add!). I think back on all of the hours that I spent playing in the ditch behind our house, nurturing and loving new baby kittens, playing "run away" with the Kitty Kat Klub, and just enjoying being a child. Now, I watch my neices and nephews who live on one side of my parents doing the same things that I did as a child. They climb the trees, ride their bikes around the driveway, build interesting contraptions, and enjoy the simplicity of childhood. Now I am currently in my third house on Westfield Rd. Some people look at me like I am crazy for living so close to family. However, I feel so blessed that my children will also grow up connected to this magical place. Oh the fond memories they will make!




Home Sweet Home!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love all the wonderful pictures of the property! I am so jealous you have those wonderful memories...I grew up right on state street in Lehi...so the meaning "Go play in the road" took on all sorts or meaning for us!! LoL!! This really is a sweet post!

Susie said...

Wow, it looks so beautiful. No wonder you want your children growing up there, too!