Hey friends and family! I am lagging pretty badly with my posts so today I am going to be playing catch-up! We haven't done anything too exciting lately. We are pretty content staying home and staring at our baby girl! Here is what we get to see:
Danny calls Jane his "purple princess." Whenever he gets the chance he dresses her in purple.

This is very typical of Jane. She is always contentand cheerful (well, as long as she is fed and rested!) She is all eyes! We are pretty sure that they are going to be blue. I think that is really the only thing she gets from her mommy!
I was given this towel from my Aunt Shauna from one of my baby showers. I laughed so hard the first time we used it. I couldn't resist taking a picture! I partly wonder if she is laughing at herself as well! Jane has also recently discovered her tongue. She has great fun with it and can actually imitate someone pulling it in and out.
Every night Danny comes home and does "exercises" with Jane. They practice doing sit-ups, standing, and all sorts of other daddy-daughter bonding things like "Super Jane" where he holds her up in the air like Superman and she stays stiff as a board. This is Danny and Jane showing off her strong legs one day before church. If you look closely you can see that she is really concentrating.
I need to be better at giving Jane her "tummy time" each day. She really hates it and will scream bloody murder until I turn her over. Any suggestions?

This is the goofy face that I get to see every morning when Jane first sees me. One morning I was determined to get it on camera and I succeeded!! I wish I could always wake up this cheerful. I am proud to say that Jane is still sleeping from 9:30-7:00 each night! Wahoo for Jane!
We are pals! I seriously cannot imagine my life without her!
This was Jane's fist day in jeans. Apparently she is pretty proud of herself! She is 2 1/2 months old and she is finally getting out of the newborn clothes. the 3-6 sizes aren't even a thought in our minds yet! It will be fun to start on a whole new wardrobe for her. I wish I had the same luxury!
Well, other than our beautiful daughter we are doing fantastic. Danny's rental business is slowing down for the winter just enough for him to actually get a day off once a week! It is heaven. It really is the only reason I look forward to the cold season!
I am still enjoying being a stay at home mom, however I have started to get a little restless. If anyone has any advice on how to stay busy and motivated let me know! I need a project or something. I was telling Danny the other day that I never thought that I would want to file or staple something so badly. I guess that is what I get for being a former teacher. :) I went to visit my old "kids" at the elementary school this past Monday and to let them meet Jane. I miss them all so badly. It was great to see them and to be reminded of the sweet spirit that children carry with them. It was also fun to feel "famous" for a day. That is as close as I will ever get to feeling like a celebrity! I love kids! They just don't know better sometimes!
We are looking forward to the Christmas holiday and are trying to stay focused on the real reason we celebrate. Good luck to you all with your Christmas shopping and what-not, but mostly good luck not getting swept up in all of the frantic chaos! Enjoy the season!


7 comments:
Gosh, Annie, I feel like I am no help to you because I am in a completely different stage of motherhood than you - I almost can't remember what it was like to have just one! A couple of things I do remember:
1. I used to take naps pretty much every day. I really enjoyed the fact that Anna was a good sleeper and I didn't feel one bit guilty about it.
2. I read to Anna a lot. It seemed kind of silly at times, but I can't help but think that she is gifted in language because she had to listen to me talk to her and read to her all stinkin' day!
3. When the weather was nice, I went for walks outside. When it wasn't I would go to the mall, or to any other place that had lots for her to see. I would point out things and talk to her, again, feeling like an idiot because she was so little that people probably thought I was talking to myself.
4. I started having playdates. At first, they were more just an opportunity for me to get together with other moms, but if they have kids that are the same age as yours, they can become buddies as soon as they're able.
5. Enjoy it! She is so lucky to have your undivided attention - it might not be long before you have enough kids that you want to pull your hair out!
Jane is so beautiful! Yes, she looks a lot like Danny but her eyes are her most distiguishing feature and she gets those from you!
Wow, quite the advice. Obviously I have none. I just wanted to comment on how flippin' proud I am to be an aunt to such an adorable girl! Thanks for posting. I've been checking your blog almost every day and I'm sure I'm not alone. Love you!
I suck as a parent and I have never been a stay at home anything but I am sure that Amie might have some good advice on the subject. Thanks for posting again. Your Janey is the most adorable thing on the planet.
Can you really believe how cute she is???? Looking at pictures of her makes me want to reach in and hold her. I LOVE her eyes...jaxson has huge eyes too...and when they look up at you like that...oh my goodness!!! You just melt. She is honestly so cute. She looks a lot like both of you....by the way...your husband is CUTE too:) What a perfect little family. Congrats!
I went for walks EVERYDAY until it got too cold. Now I am going crazy as well. I scrapbook...read to jaxson...and go to the mall or some place just to wander and be "out". Wait til she can eat baby food...and gets active. Some days I don't even leave the house...and I feel like a ran a marathon. 3 meals...plus nursing. Wiping down the highchair...laundry...chasing him, keeping him from ripping open the presents and destroying the tree. Enjoy it while it lasts:))
Holy Smokes I thought I was never going to see that sweet little girl again on this blog. She is BIG...and SO CUTE! I miss you guys. Lets get together next week for a christmas lunch or something!!! really I loved all of those pictures so much, it made my day:)
She is beautiful! I love the towel picture! What a happy kid. I also LOVE the picture of you and her. You are doing an awesome job of being Janey's mom!!!
I cannot believe how fast Jane is growing! She is oh so cute. I know what you mean about being restless at home sometimes. you will be back to doing more stuff in no time so try to enjoy it.Nice to hear from you, miss ya!
Post a Comment