Monday, June 4, 2007

Oh the Adventures!

Well, it has been awhile since I last posted anything on my blog. I'm not too thrilled to post a bunch of pregnant pictures of myself, but Chelsea got after me... so Chels, this post is for you! I am now 26 weeks pregnant and feeling great! I am so glad that those early stages are over with! I can't believe people choose to go through that more than once. I think that women were made so that they would forget what it was like! My baby girl is an acrobat! She is moving all of the time. I think that it is the most miraculous thing! Last night was the first time that I actually SAW my stomach move. It was so trippy! Danny and I are always perma-grin when we get to sit down for a few minutes and feel her. I am a little worried that she is going to be hyper and up at all hours of the night because that is sure her schedule now! It has finally gotten to the point where she is real! I find myself talking out loud to her (cheesy I know) and feeling great to have her company. I bet that it is difficult for some after they deliver not to have a little buddy inside of them at all times. I can see myself missing that. Well, one with the pictures....

Back in March Danny surprised me one night with some Rascal Flatt Concert tickets. It was a great show and even better to be pampered my my hubby!



Soon after, was our two year anniversary. I took Danny up to the canyon and had a "cook-out."



While I was off-track for three weeks, my sister, her three kids and I took a little weekend trip to St. George. While we were there, everyone got pink eye but me. It ended up being quite the trip. One night we went in to check on little Flora Kay while she was sleeping. This is what we saw. We have never laughed so hard (which can cause complications when you are pregnant!)!



This last month I celebrated my 25th birthday! Boy does time fly by! My sister-in-law's birthday is near mine, so my darling mother-in-law had a dinner for us and made us both a cake. I love cake!!!! Notice my cute little niece and nephew helping us blow out the candles. They just couldn't help themselves!



The morning of my birthday, my darling husband surprised me with breakfast in bed from I-hop and two plane tickets to San Francisco! We have been talking for some time about trying to have a little trip before the baby comes but it is very difficult with my schedule and him working over 70 hours a week. Since we both had Memorial Day off, he booked us a trip for the weekend. I thought that it was so thoughtful. He also had a million print outs all prepared of things we could do and booked us a tour of the city on one of those sweet double decker buses. We planned to leave around 4pm on Saturday and return home late Sunday night. We knew it was a short trip, but totally worth it. We were so excited on Saturday that we left for the airport 3 hours early. Once we got there, we were like two little kids in a candy factory.

This picture is of us laying on our backs on the small vents near the airport windows. We were laughing our heads off and taking the dumbest pictures (as you can see).



We were having such a great time (and we are bone heads) that we were not paying attention to the clock. When we finally looked, it was 3 minutes past our departure time. After sitting there for two hours WE MISSED OUR FLIGHT!!!!!!! It was not a good moment! To make matters worse, there were not any other flights going to San Fran for the rest of the night. We had to wait at the airport until 8:00p.m (5-6 hours after we got to the airport), take a flight to LA, have a 1 hour layover, fly to the Oakland airport, take the bart 1 hour to San Francisco (at 1 am, which is a very scary time to ride a bart), catch a taxi (in the rain) to get to our hotel, without our luggage, because it was still at the San Francisco airport! We finally opened our hotel room door at 2:30ish! It was a long day! Luckily, the next day we were able to look at it with the attitude that it was an adventure.

Here are some picutes of our trip. The first one is Danny in the airport after we found out that we missed our flight. Notice the difference in his attitude from the previous picture! :)



This guy was awesome! He was making some rockin' music by banging on a bunch of pots, pans, and tupperware. We were pretty impressed!



You don't have to tell me that I am one lucky girl to be married to HIM!





This is us on the ferry on our way to Alcatraz.

















THE END!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

yeah! That made my day:) You two are the cutest couple ever!!! I love seeing pictures of you together- What a fun trip, that really was so thoughtful! You think he's nice to you...wait til he meets his baby girl!!!

Kristin Bishop said...

That made me laugh out loud. I honestly Can Not believe you missed your flight. I even had to tell jarom the whole stoy...because it made me laugh. You guys are very cute together and look really happy. Have you thought of any cute girls names? I'm sure she'll be beautiful. If it comes out a boy on accident....they are a blast!

Jessica Kettle said...

What a fun trip! You'll be so glad you took a babymoon. We went to Europe and even though I was sick as a dog, it was a blast! That is SO funny (though I bet not at the time) that you missed your flight! It sounds like something I would do! You seem like such a cute couple! I agree- you need to post some of your baby names! It seems like girl names would be more fun than boy names. =)