I don't get it! What possesses a person to reach into someones cart (with a baby sitting in it, mind you) and STEAL SOMEONES WALLET????? That is the question that I have been asking myself non-stop since yesterday. There I was, pushing my cart through the D.I. hoping to find some irresistible treasure that someone else discarded, when I looked down and my wallet was gone! As most of you know, I usually pack along my enormous diaper bag that would be impossible to find anything in...but yesterday I thought, "I'm only going to be a minute so I'll just bring my wallet in with me." BIG MISTAKE. I put Jane in the large section of the cart and my wallet where she would normally sit and began my search through the junk. I was surprised how incredibly busy the D.I. was. People were pushing past me over and over again through the isle. I was the perfect victim...I had a screaming baby to distract me and was clearly overwhelmed by the chaos of everything. Well, someone took advantage of my absent mindedness and ran off with MY LIFE! I paced through the store in tears hoping that I would find it somewhere, but to no avail. An hour later, I left feeling completely violated and defeated.
Hours later, I called the D.I. to see if anything had shown up. They told me that they had found an abandoned cart with a wallet left inside. Hopeful, I went to pick it up only to find that they had cleaned me out of approximately $200 dollars in cash, a lot more than that in checks, my Costco Card, Smith's Card (they wanted my points for gas), a grundle of gift cards, and my faith in humanity. All I can say is RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
1 year ago

8 comments:
So sorry! Theft is definately on the rise. We can't feel near as safe as we used to. Someone stole my wallet from my car parked in my garage in the middle of the day while I was right inside the house.
I can't believe it! I'm so sorry!!! I will definately take everything out of my wallet that isn't essential!
That is terrible. I find myself walking away from the cart all the time in stores. I am going to be much more careful!
BTW: What an amazing sweet girl you have. Danny is such a proud Daddy and tells us the fun stuff Jane is learning. You are a great Mom!
Oh my heck that's awful! That is seriously a lessong for me to be more careful...I'm constantly not paying attention to things like that. I'll be sure to be hauling my super huge diaper bag into every store too. I'm so sorry!
I am really sorry to hear about your wallet. I can't believe that someone would do that! I hope tomorrow is better. I glad I found your blog though, feel free to check mine out at thegardnergab.blogspot.com.
That really stinks. There is nothing worse than feeling totally violated. I hope karma catches up to that person.
Annie, I'm so sorry! That is the worst! I leave my cart all the time so I'll have to be more careful from now on.
Hey you! How are u guys? I'm going private soon like a dork so make sure you leave your email! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment