Life as a mom couldn't be sweeter. I can't believe how blessed I have been! I have heard so many horror stories about first time motherhood that I was really getting ready for a roller coaster. However, I don't think that my life has ever been more perfect than it has been these past four weeks (knock on wood). It may not last, but right now Jane will sleep from 9 p.m. to 5-6:30 a.m. and then again to 9 a.m. so her mommy gets plenty of rest. She also is a pro breast feeder (another thing I was terrified of). At her two week appointment she had gained 18 0z. since she left the hospital putting her at 7 lbs. 5 oz. There is no question that she has continued to put on the pounds these past two weeks. She has the sweetest temperament all day until about 5 pm. when she gets a little cranky but I think that is pretty typical. Her daddy's winter hours started so he has been getting home an hour earlier to spend time with Jane and I. I can't believe what a support he is! He is a diaper changing, baby soothing, wife complimenting maniac! I am so lucky to have him!
A few days ago, Janey was smiling away at her daddy and I while we were gooing and gawing at her and we were lucky enough to catch one on camera. Is is normal for a 3 week to already be responding?? She definitely has her daddy's smile!
Pretty bracelet. Unfortunately, I have lost it already! It can't be far...I don't leave the house much! :) Danny's first time trying out the Snugli. We are definite fans. It is so nice to have her so close but to have the use of both of your arms. It is also handy when your next door neighbors are you parents and your only sibling. It makes jaunts to their homes nice and easy!
Big eyes..long neck!
The not-so-happy Jane after a bath. This face should make me said, but I can't help myself, I think it is adorable. I should be more sympathetic shouldn't I?!?

I think that this picture really puts her size in perspective! Look how big Danny's thumb is compared to her face!
Going, going, GONE! Jane is starting to look like Grandad Kermit on top! Don't worry, I was in tears to say goodbye to her sweet first hair, but it is nothing a BIG bow can't fix!
I have been told to take a lot of pictures by parents who say that time moves too quickly. I am trying to follow their advice so I will try to keep this blog updated. Good news...we may even be getting the Internet at our house!! However, Grandma and Paps will be sad that they don't get to visit Janey while I am bogging!

8 comments:
Totally loved this post and I can't believe how fast she changes! Keep the pictures coming. See you soon Annie!
Nice pics guys! She is really a good-looking baby.
Love,
Eric, Amie and Kids
She is SOOO cute, just as we all expected her to be. I can't wait to see her next weekend.
Annie, Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on Janey-Gwen. She's darling. You and Danny seem to be "enjoying the ride" with her and she's lucky to be in such a loving family.
oh my! I can't believe I wasn't the first to post...those pictures made me cry- she looks big:( That one of her smiling is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!Oh I have to come back soon.
She is a beauty!! You've got me hooked on this blog thing! :)
Annie your little girl is so pretty. Looks like you guys are doing good. I found your blog through Crystals. Tell Danny we said hi.
Jed and Megan Beck
love you all three.
from grandma flora
Post a Comment